MINUTES OF UPTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD 9TH JANUARY 2018.
• Chair. J Allan. Vice Chair. D Spittlehouse. L Alsop. J Alsop. P Rushton. P Fotheringham.
Clerk. L Holman.
1 Member of public.
T Hall not present.
APOLOGIES OF ABSENCE
• Cllr. J Milne.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
• D Spittlehouse. Clerks wages.
MINUTES FOR APPROVAL FROM MEETING HELD 14TH NOVEMBER 2017.
• Minutes were approved and signed by Chair. J Allan.
• A member of the public informed the council that dog fouling has increased, but not actually caught anyone in the act.
• Several bags of rubbish was left on the footpath from the Church to the main Rd, but since been removed.
• Extra traffic around Cade Lane has caused several pot holes. The Councillors agreed to have a walk around that area when the weather improves. This to go on the Agenda at the next meeting.
• A BT pole on Cade Lane has a loose sleeve leaving exposed wires. Clerk to report to BT.
• Several members of the public has commented again on the car parked on High St. round the corner from Padmoor Lane. Clerk to inform PCSO Melanie Goodwill for advice on what procedures can be done, before a serious accident occurs.
MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
• Speed sign update. Chair J Allan informed the Councillors that the signs can be switched from 30 to 40. Still waiting to have talks with R Gore to discuss a contract between Upton and Kexby regards sharing. Clerk asked to check with LALC regarding a legal contract.
• Lodge Lane sign reported broken and now replaced.
• Post Office. Clerk received a reply back from Post Office Head office after making a complaint re that the Post Office at the village hall isn’t always in attendance. The reply was circulated to all Councillors and to the Village Hall Committee. The Post Office promised to look into the matter. No further action,
• Picnic bench prices. The Clerk had received several quotes for a bench and passed them round at the meeting. Clerk to check with LALC on regulations regarding purchasing a memorial bench for A Rushton from Parish funds. L Alsop to bring this up at the next Xmas market meeting to see if any of the organisations were willing to contribute to the cost. Clerk to get a few more quotes.
• Lay by extension. Clerk made an enquiry with LCC Highways re lay being extended to accomodate a couple more cars. Highways response was this would cost around £6.000 and could not warrant the funding for it at this time, even though Upton Parish volunteered to help with costs. No further action.
• Poo bin. A request was put in for an extra bin down Padmoor Lane. This has now been erected.
• Precept. This was discussed at the last meeting and an estimate of £7.000 was submitted. A final amount has to be in by end of January. All Councillors agreed on the final precept of £7.000. Clerk to submit the final papers.
• An email had been circulated to all Councillors about this event and how celebrations could be held to commemorate the day. All Councillors agreed to pass on this but to inform residents of the event in the next newsletter.
• The updated standing orders circulated by LALC have not yet been recieved. This will be discussed as and when the clerk recieves them.
• The citizens advice have asked for a grant. It was agreed by all councillors to donate £50. Clerk to send a cheque.
• Clerks wages was approved and signed by Chair. J Allan.
£209.04 plus expenses £32.50.
It was agreed by all to give Citizens advice a donation of £50 and to give All Saints
£20 towards electricity for christmas lighting.
• 137072 The Forge. Padmoor Lane. No objections.
137118 Land rear Church Rd. No objections.
• P Rushton attended the meeting held 23rd Nov 2017. The smoking shelter is still in hand. TheTreasurer had enquired about additional premiums if they were to hold a firework display. A copy of the rules and regulations was given to Mrs A Taylor to be looked through.
Balance in current account £2754.83. Investment account £8331.10.
The next meeting is 25th Jan. J Alsop attending.
• No crime to report in Upton.
• New Code Of Conduct. Email was circulated for the Councillors to read. Every councillor must sign the Code of Conduct acceptance form. Clerk distributed the forms and a hard copy of the updated code of conduct. All forms to be returned to WLDC by the end of February.
• Data Protection. New Data Protection regulations come into force May 2018. LALC still exploring various options. The clerk cannot be appointed as the DPO due to conflict of interest. Updates will be given as soon as regulations are made clear.
Being no further business the meeting closed at 8.15. pm.
The next meeting to be held is 13th March 2018.